Sunday, November 25, 2007

Country Thunder!

For the past four years in a row, my friends and I have been attending Country Thunder that takes place in Twin Lakes, Wisconsin in July. For those of you that don’t know what this means... it means five days of pure live country out on a farm plot. Big names show up and play during the week- some include, Kenny Chesney, Carrie Underwood, Dierks Bentley, Big and Rich, Sugarland and many more!

Every summer I look forward to Country Thunder! I have a cabin in Twin Lakes just two miles away from the event. We stay all week at my cabin and have a blast! Every time we come back with such crazy memories! I really feel like a big family during this week because it’s all us kids without parents trying to cook, clean and watch out for each other.

When we get to the event, it is so much fun. We get all dressed up in our cowboy/ country outfits and sit on the grass and just listen away. Almost every year, during performances, it rains and thunders! It gets to be a lot of fun there! Everyone is so happy and you can meet and relate to a lot of people there, everyone is so nice. During the rain it starts to get crazy! Drunk people are sliding down the hill and get all muddy! It’s a riot!

I could talk for hours about Country Thunder! Its so much fun! For any country fans out there, I totally recommend going to Country Thunder. It is the best week ever! To check out more about the event, visit the website at http://www.countrythunder.com/

2 comments:

303993 said...

That is awesome that you are a country fan! I love country music and going to Wisconsin for the concert. I have gone to Country Thunder twice. The first time I went with a group of my girl friends on the “free day” with Keith Urban as the main act. It took us five hours to get there from my house which would normally be like an hour and a half. Traffic was ridiculous! The next time I went we had four day passes so I went every day except for one. I can definitely agree with you about the memories made while on that trip. I have had many good times myself. I heard that the concerts are not going to be up there anymore. I do not know if that is true, but I hope not!

Beckster said...

I've never been to Country Thunder, but I want to go so badly. I've talked to people who have gone and they loved it! I just started liking country about a year or so ago and now I'm hooked. My roommate and I both listen to it, so when we're in our dorm we open the door and blast it. I think I'm going to make it a goal that I go to Country Thunder sometime soon.