Tuesday, November 27, 2007

My New Job

I just got an acutal job. I've always had seasonal jobs that are kind of pointless and aren't the best way to make and keep money. Over the winter holidays, I would work at Bergner's at Cherry Vale Mall for a program called friends and family. All I would do is walk around the store and straighten up clothes for a good five hours. BORING! Then over the summer, I work at Magic Waters Waterpark in guest relations. This is an awesome job that lets me do pretty much anything I want. Everyone is the same age, including the bosses, so you can't really take the job in our department very seriously. Your pretty much getting paid to sit and talk to your friends while selling a ticket every so often.

Well now, I got a job that I have to take seriously. It's at the Rockford MetroCentre. They just renovated it by adding VIP boxes. I got the job of being a waitress to all the VIP people that bought a box. There is a total of 13 boxes and have 4-8 seats in each. The best part is that the MetroCentre holds many concerts and games. The Rockford Icehogs (our hockey team) plays there about 3 times a week. Brad Paisley, Rodney Atkins and Taylor Swift held a concert there last week and I got to work. So I got paid to see the concert! Kelly Clarkson and Reba are coming in Febrary. There is also the Globetrotters and boxing events! I got $8.75 an hour plus tips. At the Brad Paisley concert, I made 75 dollars! I was pretty excitied. The only problem with the job is it is 45 minutes away from NIU and I do not go home that often because I do not have a car here. So, I work when I can, which they are very flexible with. Overall, I'm extremely happy I found a job that I can take seriously and still enjoy!

http://www.centreevents.com/default.cfm?&bhflver=5
http://www.shopcherryvalemall.com/shop/cherryvale.nsf/index
http://magicwaterswaterpark.com/

2 comments:

armando said...

I have to go home and look for a job over Christmas break. I am disappointed because I just wanted to rest over this break. Oh well, I willnot have any free time now with my hectic schedule. That's life though.

Italiangrl said...

Wow I want your job. I have worked at abercrombie for the past two years because I have always had a busy schedual and abercrombie allows me to be flexible with my hours. Before I came to college, over the summer I had a real job in an office. Where I basically just did busy work for them. But your job seems so cool! All those country singers you named are so good and seeing them in concert for free would be even more amazing.