Friday, November 16, 2007

Cell Phone Help! PLEASE READ

I received an email the other day, forwarded around to many people. It was all about calling *77. Everyone should remember this number when they are driving, especially at night.
There was a story that a girl was driving at night in her car, she was being pulled over by an unmarked police car. She wasn't sure if she wanted to pull over, so she decided to keep driving around slowly. She remember *77 and called the number. She was connected to the local police station and told them that she is being pulled over by an unmarked "police" car.
The dispatcher checked to see if there were police cars where she was and there weren't, and he told her to keep driving, remain calm and that he had back up already on the way. Ten minutes later 4 cop cars surrounded her and the unmarked car behind her. One policeman went to her side and the others surrounded the car behind. They pulled the guy from the car and tackled him to the ground. The man was a convicted rapist and wanted for other crimes.
So remember *77!

3 comments:

aka_me said...

This is really good to know! I've heard stories and my mom has warned me numerous times about situations like this. It's really scary that this even happens. I never knew there was a specific number that you call to get the local police station...that's probably better than just dialing 9-1-1. I will definitely remember *77! thanks!

student55 said...

This is really good advice. That situation would be very scary, because it is impossible for someone to know if it is really an unmarked police car or just a creep. I can not imagine being in that situation because I sometimes get scared walking from my garage up the sidewalk to my house late at night! There are a lot of creeps out there so keep *77 in mind!

cubbiesgirl13 said...

Wow, I have never heard of this even happening before. This really scares me because one day I was driving back to school and I was doing my usually 85mph in that long stretch of 88 where there is nothing but corn and all of a sudden a see cop lights so I pulled over into the next lane thinking that I was going to get a ticket, but then the unmarked car just kept driving by, but it didn't look like it had any of that radio stuff in it like normal cars. This really makes me wonder now what kind of person it really was in there. I'm so happy to know there's a number to call though in case this does happen. Police should stop using unmarked cars if there are so many cases of this that they have to have a number for it. I know that they strip and resell old cop cars, so maybe they should stop doing that to, to stop this from happenening more.