Thursday, November 15, 2007

Seascape is not a Job. It is a Pastime.

I have had a number of jobs in my short working career. I have answered phones and prepared food at Rosati's Pizzeria, hosted at a fancy restaurant called La Strada, and helped those with special needs. I had many unforgettable experiences at each of these jobs, but none can compare to lifeguarding at Seascape.

Seascape is an
Ellis Certified family aquatic center that is located back in my hometown, Hoffman Estates. I have been a lifeguard there for three summers, and plan to make it four. Not many people actually know what lifeguarding is all about until he or she has had the experience. I have dedicated many hours to water rescue, CPR, and First-aid training every year, as well as others working at my pool.

Many may not know this, but pools get audited three times in a summer. This is when a person unexpectedly comes to test the lifeguard's skills. Our facility has done an exceptional job, and has won the platinum award for aquatic safety two years in a row. Sitting in our bathingsuits and getting a dark, sexy tan is not all this facility is all about, but it is deffinatly a plus!


I would recommend that everyone work for a facility like mine. There is a young management staff, as well as over forty high school and college kids working. Walking into Seascape does not feel like I'm walking into my job. It feels as if I'm visiting friends who all have the same common interest as I do. Seascape is not a job. It is a pastime.

No comments: