Friday, November 16, 2007

Fine Print

I hate fine print. I personally think that stuff that is important to the consumer should be in big bold words. But unfortunately, companies care more about making big money then whether or not the customer can afford it. I recently learned a lesson with fine print when I tried to purchase VIP Rascal Flatts tickets through a fan club that I got for free for purchasing their new CD.

I invited three friends to go to a Rascal Flatts concert. VIP tickets mean VIP section, right up close. Tickets went on sale on November 14th at 9am. So, I decided that the second it turned nine, I would buy the tickets. The night before, I randomly read some fine print, and I realized that VIP members were only allowed to buy two tickets. So I had to spend more money to make another membership for a friend. This also meant that the four of us would be separated. Then the next morning when I go to buy the tickets, I get a notice that says that because I got my membership for free, I couldn’t buy the tickets. They were only for paying customers. That wasn’t even in the fine print! So I had to renew mine, and spend more money. I ended up spending way more then I could afford, which sucks. This better be an amazing concert.

Basically, I think it should be illegal to steal people’s money like that. I’m a broke college student! I know I wasn’t forced to actually buy memberships but I wasn’t just not going to do it when my friends were so excited. That will teach me to read fine print from now on.

www.rascalflatts.com

No comments: