Friday, December 7, 2007

The College Experience

We are pretty much done with the first semester of our college experience. I feel like it was just yesterday when I was moving into the dorms. I remember being excited about this huge new change in my life. Most things turned out like I expected which is a good thing because I had already prepared for the changes. All my older siblings have attended college and they gave me the insight on what to expect and look out for. They warned me about bad teachers, tough assignments, completely different types of people, and overall an experience to enjoy and never forget.

I truly love the college life because I have matured and become more responsible and independent. Not everyone understands the whole college experience, so they don’t appreciate it. A way to think about it is to think… when will you ever get another opportunity to live out on your own with your peers where you don’t have your parents telling you how to behave? College is about being free and discovering yourself.

1 comment:

bears171 said...

Yea I have to agree with you, the college expierence has been great. Ive matured much quicker into and adult and become a more well rounded person. I have enjoyed meating people from all over, parying, and many other things so far this year like you have. I do on the other hand feel overwhelmed at times because there is so much work to do. I think that there is more homework and reading at college then i ever expected.