Thursday, December 6, 2007

Housing and Dining Fines

I check my mail just about everyday hoping for a card or maybe a peice of junkmail. Recently I got a bit of a suprise. A letter from Housing and Dining. I figured " oh great, just anyther bill I'm gonna have to play, or some new announcment telling me of some new policy." But I was wrong it was a fine for 3 dollars. "three dollars?" i think, "what could I possibly get a three dollar fine for?" Then i read through the letter and it says that it is because the toliet was clogged with a bananna. Ok, I know it sounds funny but how does everyone get fined for the toilet being clogged? I know they need money for the plumbing costs but how are you seriously going to fine every person on the floor because some kid decided he was gonna be funny and shove a bananna in the toilet? I know I may sound cheap but i just think is kind of unfair. The best part is if you refuse to pay for it, it will count as an encumberance on your account and they could decided to lock your account to register for classes. Some of the fines Housing and Dining have are insane. Like the chairs in the dorms that come with the room cost $150 if you lose or break it. These chair are worth $40 tops and it just seems like they are just racking in money for things that shouldn't cost that much.

No comments: